Project Type: New/Renovation
Construction Cost: TBD
Size: 12,000 SF new; 8,000 SF reno
Booth & Dimock Memorial Library
Constructed in 1913, the Booth and Dimock Memorial Library (approximately 12,000 SF) is a contributing asset to the South Coventry Village National Historic District. Over the past years, the existing library has seen an increase in usage, a change in services and a growing demand for technology. It became clear that an expansion would be needed to better serve the community.
DRA developed a plan that almost doubles the floor area of the library on a restrictive site in the historic center of town. Currently in the schematic design phase, this effort required a team approach to make the building and site work. The expansion on the “flat area” of the site will permit some changes to the existing grades, allowing daylight into the lower level. With these windows, the lower level becomes a much more desirable program space. The driveway will be relocated and cut into the hillside resulting in a significant expansion of the parking lot.